Year after year, people march bravely into a new 365-day cycle, armed with resolutions. While these resolutions are generally intended to improve our quality of life, there is often a lack of planning behind them. Common examples include, ‘This year I am going to lose weight’, ‘I am going to quit smoking’, or ‘I’m not going to eat carbs’. Yet by mid-February, even the best intended resolutions seem to be a foggy memory as we’re back to our old habits.
With resolutions related to our health and well-being, the rate of success seems to be low for a few reasons. First, we often set overly ambitious resolutions or just too many of them. Next, resolutions are often focused on “not doing” something. This gives the resolution an “all or nothing” implication, setting us up to easily fail. Finally, lack of planning makes sticking with a resolution difficult. For example, if your intention is to start running, but you haven’t made time in your schedule to actually run, your chance of success is pretty slim.
If failed resolutions tend to be part of your annual routine, consider the benefits of working with a Health and Wellness Coach. A Wellness Coach can help you be successful in several ways. In addition to providing information and an objective opinion, a Wellness Coach will:
• Help you set SMART goals that you are capable of achieving
• Help you slowly integrate small lifestyle changes into your routine, making bigger goals more attainable
• Help you identify your biggest barriers to success, so you are prepared to overcome them when they pop up
• Provide accountability and support, so you are less likely to give up. Your Coach is your biggest cheerleader!
• Enable you to stay on track, even when you waver or slip
• Support you in making lasting lifestyle changes. You will create new habits that will lead to long-term improvements in your health
If you would like more information about working with a Health and Wellness Coach to achieve your resolutions, please contact Progressive Health Center at 720-788-9399.
What is Health Coaching?
In the world of Health and Wellness, you see a lot of diversification between certification programs and qualified professionals. In...Read More
Give From Your Saucer
Creating a life of abundance is about giving from your saucer, not your cup. Let’s imagine you are a tea...Read More
Primary Food vs. Secondary Food
Have you heard of the ideas of Primary Food or Secondary Food? Primary Food is an all encompassing idea of...Read More
Find Us On Social